Sounds great loud.
Could not help but move the first time I heard this.
You’ll hopefully have the same issue.
BRAND NEW FEATURECAST MIX! PLEASE SHARE, BLOG, POST AND SPREAD THE LOVE.
THANKS : )
1) Featurecast - Hands In The Air Intro
2) Second Hand Audio feat Dizzy Dustin - I Got It Like That (Featurecast Remix)
3) Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles (Featurecast Remix)
4) McMash Clan - Swing Break
5) Featurecast - Finger Lickin
6) Opiuo - Fizzle Tickler (Featurecast Edit)
7) The Correspondents - Well Measured Vise (Featurecast Remix)
8) Featurecast - Funkadelic
9) Koan Sound - Funk Blaster (Featurecast Edit)
10) Pyramyth - Rubber Kangaroo (Featurecast Edit)
11) World Class Art Thieves - Blow Your Mind (Featurecast Remix)
12) Featurecast - Shang a-Lang (Check It)
13) Daft Punk - Robot Rock (Featurecast Edit)
14) Excision & Datsik - Deviance (Dirtyphonics Remix) - Featurecast Edit
15) Earth Wind and Fire - Shinning Star (Featurecast Remix)
16) Rob Dougan Vs Habstrakt - Get Clubbed (Featurecast Mash)
17) Dr Dre - California Love (Psymbionic Remix) Featurecast Edit
18) Dj Medhi - Signatune (Featurecast Remix)
19) Dodge and Fuski - Turn It Up (Featurecast Edit)
20) Mord Fustang - Champloo
21) Electric Soulside Vs Al Naafiysh - Predator Clan (Featurecast Mash)
22) Bella - Shook Up
23) Bassnecter - Freestyle
24) Skrillex - Burn Dem (Featurecast’s Jam Rock Edit)
25) A-Trak & Dillon Francis - Money Makin’ (Oliver Twizt Trap Remix)
26) Major Lazer Vs Rusko - Free Love Stylin (Featurecast Mash)
27) Smooth - Blinded By The Light
28) Ayah Marar Vs DJ Fresh - Mind Controller (Featurecast Edit)
29) Netsky - Puppy
I instantly gravitated toward Nick Huggins on the day of Art Not Apart as he too had a sonic exhibition for the festival, his more on performance based than my installation piece Phonosphere.
We had a chat about our respective projects and it became clear we both had a passion for listening, recording and all things sound related. Nick explained the unrecognizable part of his setup which was both and conceptualized and produced by himself which I found inspiring and thought provoking.
It was the six knobs on top of the mixer that caught my eye. They control the pitch of six cassette players that are feeding 6 passive and discrete speakers on the steps in the photo. He had a handful of cassettes with different sounds and loops on them, all being feed to the discrete speakers, all with a pitch control you could speed up or slow down. Fantastic. Did I mention their power was daisy chained?
Here’s a little info about Nick from two bright lakes which is the record label that released his two albums. Enjoy.
Nick Huggins is a guy who mucks around with sound for very many hours of the day and night, even when sleeping. He’s produced records for Mick Turner, Khancoban, Oscar + Martin, Seagull, Hazel Brown, Hello Satellites, Otouto, Psuche, Whitley and Kid Sam among others. He is 1/3 of Touch Typist, fond of chocolate and has just released his sophomore album Five Lights.
Nick has created a dedicated website to showcase music, video and words from the Five Lights project, you can visit it here.
Can’t. Stop. Listening.
Phonosphere installation at Art Not Apart 2013.