Could not help but move the first time I heard this.
You’ll hopefully have the same issue.
BRAND NEW FEATURECAST MIX! PLEASE SHARE, BLOG, POST AND SPREAD THE LOVE.
THANKS : )
1) Featurecast - Hands In The Air Intro
2) Second Hand Audio feat Dizzy Dustin - I Got It Like That (Featurecast Remix)
3) Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles (Featurecast Remix)
4) McMash Clan - Swing Break
5) Featurecast - Finger Lickin
6) Opiuo - Fizzle Tickler (Featurecast Edit)
7) The Correspondents - Well Measured Vise (Featurecast Remix)
8) Featurecast - Funkadelic
9) Koan Sound - Funk Blaster (Featurecast Edit)
10) Pyramyth - Rubber Kangaroo (Featurecast Edit)
11) World Class Art Thieves - Blow Your Mind (Featurecast Remix)
12) Featurecast - Shang a-Lang (Check It)
13) Daft Punk - Robot Rock (Featurecast Edit)
14) Excision & Datsik - Deviance (Dirtyphonics Remix) - Featurecast Edit
15) Earth Wind and Fire - Shinning Star (Featurecast Remix)
16) Rob Dougan Vs Habstrakt - Get Clubbed (Featurecast Mash)
17) Dr Dre - California Love (Psymbionic Remix) Featurecast Edit
18) Dj Medhi - Signatune (Featurecast Remix)
19) Dodge and Fuski - Turn It Up (Featurecast Edit)
20) Mord Fustang - Champloo
21) Electric Soulside Vs Al Naafiysh - Predator Clan (Featurecast Mash)
22) Bella - Shook Up
23) Bassnecter - Freestyle
24) Skrillex - Burn Dem (Featurecast’s Jam Rock Edit)
25) A-Trak & Dillon Francis - Money Makin’ (Oliver Twizt Trap Remix)
26) Major Lazer Vs Rusko - Free Love Stylin (Featurecast Mash)
27) Smooth - Blinded By The Light
28) Ayah Marar Vs DJ Fresh - Mind Controller (Featurecast Edit)
29) Netsky - Puppy
I instantly gravitated toward Nick Huggins on the day of Art Not Apart as he too had a sonic exhibition for the festival, his more on performance based than my installation piece Phonosphere.
We had a chat about our respective projects and it became clear we both had a passion for listening, recording and all things sound related. Nick explained the unrecognizable part of his setup which was both and conceptualized and produced by himself which I found inspiring and thought provoking.
It was the six knobs on top of the mixer that caught my eye. They control the pitch of six cassette players that are feeding 6 passive and discrete speakers on the steps in the photo. He had a handful of cassettes with different sounds and loops on them, all being feed to the discrete speakers, all with a pitch control you could speed up or slow down. Fantastic. Did I mention their power was daisy chained?
Here’s a little info about Nick from two bright lakes which is the record label that released his two albums. Enjoy.
Nick Huggins is a guy who mucks around with sound for very many hours of the day and night, even when sleeping. He’s produced records for Mick Turner, Khancoban, Oscar + Martin, Seagull, Hazel Brown, Hello Satellites, Otouto, Psuche, Whitley and Kid Sam among others. He is 1/3 of Touch Typist, fond of chocolate and has just released his sophomore album Five Lights.
Nick has created a dedicated website to showcase music, video and words from the Five Lights project, you can visit it here.
Can’t. Stop. Listening.
Phonosphere installation at Art Not Apart 2013.
Recorded with one mic in a living room.